Millennium Centre Continues GreenFocus
The Millennium Centre, an IACC-approved conference center in Johnson City TN, near Knoxville and Nashville, continues to take a proactive approach to environmentally responsible operations of its meeting and banquet facilities. The Millennium conference center, located adjacent to East Tennessee State University, has attained Platinum level certification from the International Association of Conference Centers 2013 Code-of-Sustainability. Additionally, The Millennium Centre has received numerous awards from vendor partners in recognition of their work in conversion of many processes and products to become even more environmentally friendly.
The Millennium Conference Centre continues to find new ways to support the environment without compromising it's quality of conference and banquet facilities and services.
The Millennium Centre has:
- Reduced use of tri-fold towels in public areas by converting to completely touch-free hand driers and touch-free towel dispensers
- Eliminated excessive soap waste by converting to touch-free soap dispensers
- Replaced kitchen equipment for more efficient water usage and conversion to GREEN dish washing chemicals
- Converted to vacuum packaged chemicals eliminating the package waste
- All faucets are touch free and the toilets/urinals are now "auto" flush.
- All cleaning is now done by use of microfiber towels eliminating the use of all paper products.
- The recycling program has been expanded from paper to include plastic bottles and aluminum cans.